Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring is in the Air

Yesterday, it snowed all day! Today is was rainy, sunny, cold etc etc. Spring in Seattle. I was just remembering when it rained for 40 days straight (I think that was last year??) unpleasant! I'm ready for some warmth. While I've not planned any warm-weather vacations, I'm certainly open to it! I'll keep thinking on that one.

But I love the Spring. I've decided it's my favorite season. Buds, shoots, green- it's all possible. I'm going to admit I get ridiculously excited seeing peony shoots come up in the spring! It's the first sign that Winter is on the way out. This is what they look like- not much, but just wait a few months! I'll keep you posted on these- most of which are from my grandpa's house, which he got from his mother's house. The cool thing about peonies is that the tubers can be split and shared... so my peony could be over 50 years old!

Easter weekend was really lovely this year, except for Sunday which was a deluge. On Saturday, we all went to the padres house to celebrate. Our first Easter with kiddos- it's so fun! Everything is more fun with kids- everything they do is so interesting- watching them learn, seeing them laugh and their personality develop- I love it! I especially love my nephews. Here are a few pics from the weekend... I'm afraid I didn't get any new ones of Torin... stay tuned.

Ashen pointing out the flock of ducks at Greenlake

Giddyup Daddy!

No comments: