Monday, November 1, 2010

Cape Town - The City

I was able to take a few hours off here and there to explore the city- only during the day time of course. It it quite a lovely place- spring had arrived! It was warm and sunny, very windy and the roses, protea, iris and pansies were all in full bloom. It was shocking to go from this, to my layover in London. The city was rainy, cold and bedazzled in Christmas decorations! Whoa. Someday I would like to go back to do a bit more exploring... and visit Botswana which is right next door.

The V&A Waterfront with Table Top Mountain- I wasn't able to make it to the top because it was too windy the two days I could have gone.

There is a monument to the Nobel Peace Prize winners at the Waterfront - with this quote from Nelson Mandela.

Roses at the Company Gardens in downtown Cape Town- the garden was built by Dutch settlers.

The stadium! It was deserted- if I had only arrived 3 months ago...

The Twelve Apostles above Camps Bay on a sunny day...

and a cloudy day.

No comments: