Friday, October 15, 2010

Cape Town - Day 3

Well, today I've been working for 10 hours so far... and I'm still in the office. I guess it's good that I didn't come in with too many expectations, but sheesh!
I'd like to state again that my team is quite fun... I think if you're in a small office for this amount of time together you can't help but get a little rummy.
I have a better idea of what I'll be doing, and what our daily schedule will look like. I get to take a few photos for the first issue of our daily newspaper because our photo network is not up and running yet.
I'm feeling a little jealous of some of the volunteer staff here- I know a couple folks who have the whole weekend off and only one assignment per day after that. Wah? My mom reminded me that God brought me here for a purpose, and I just need to wait to find out what it is. Accept that I've been placed where I need to be. If only my wanderlust didn't kick in so much.... ah well.
Sorry this is such a lame posting, but my brain is toasted.

1 comment:

apriljahns said...

I hope you do get a chance to do some safe sight seeing and enjoy the work you were put there to do.